Our steady efforts to support improved care for patients and families with sickle cell disease (SCD) and trait have led to the development of tools, approaches, and measures that have made us a leading organizational resource for providers and systems supporting these patients.
Here are a handful of our best results from the projects in this topic area.
- Demonstrated significant improvements in care and outcomes for children and adolescents in healthcare clinics across the country.
- Verified the benefits of using intranasal fentanyl in the emergency room for SCD pain.
- Created a comprehensive recommended curriculum to be used with adolescent during the transition to adult care.
- Improved practices’ emergency room procedures to significantly reduce wait time for pain medications.
- Compiled and improved follow-up and educational materials to make information more useful and culturally relevant.